Some people ask questions such as “can aged people have sex”? Can aged people be sexually active? Or how can I enjoy sex when am aged? The answer to these questions is that you can still have an amazing sex life with your spouse at any age especially by aged people.
This article will help your sex life and also help you build more intimacy, emotions, affection for your spouse and deal with the sexual issues facing you at your advance age.
What Causes Changes in Aged People’s Sex Life
A change in the sex life of aged people is a very common issue that some people deal with as they advance in age. These changes affect the vaginas and penises of these individuals thereby hindering them from responding properly or freely to sexual activities like they used to respond and express their desires to sex when they were much younger.
In Male: Men experience erectile problem known as Erectile Dysfunction(ED) and this is characterized with the inability to have a normal or quick erection of the penis and when erection final comes up, it tend to be short and not firm.
In Female: most common problem in women is Dryness and stiffness of the vagina walls; and when this happens, the females tend to experience painful penetration that does not seen pleasing to her and causing her to lose excitement in the sex.
Medical Conditions That Could Affect Aged People’s Sexual Life
Aside from age, there are some medical conditions that are capable of reducing sexual feelings in both men and women.
These conditions can be as a result of surgeries, medication, sickness and some condition that are considered to be disabilities some part of the human body.
Below are some medical conditions that some people do not know that it could affect the sexual performance of aged people.
- Heart condition and diseases
- chronic body pains
- Excessive Alcohol
Some of the above conditions can be corrected if only figured out at its early stage.
How to Have an Amazing Sex At Adult Age
Having good sex is a vital aspect of everyone and helps to create balance in people’s mental and psychological aspect of their life. Most importantly; healthy sexual life also improves health condition of both young and aged people.
1. Seek for help: Lack of sexual drive can be corrected at any age and this is best done by a medical professional. Talk to your doctor about what you are going through, be totally open to him/her so that the proper assistance will be given to you and your sexual libido will be restored.
2. Practices What Works best for you: as we all know that some people don’t feel comfortable when it comes to trying new things such as new sex positions. Practicing these sex positions can help you find out what is best suitable for your body and keep your mind on the right direction.
3. Practices touching and Kissing: in every relationship, touching and kissing is one important aspect of sexual arouse that most people don’t know. Touches creates closeness and intimacy between two people and it allows emotional feeling to speed up fast thereby allowing a natural sexual feelings with romance to arouse.
4. Communicate effectively: effective communication with your spouse is an amazing way to have a good sexual intercourse. During the communication, is advisable to tell your partner your likes and dislikes but most especially let him or her know the changes that are going on in your body and how it is affecting your sex life. In so doing, your partner will understand your body better and also adjust to suit and comfortable with you if they truly love you.
5. Accept the Changes: as an aged person you don’t expect your body to respond to sex as someone that is at their early 20s and 30s. This is because once people get advance in age their body, the cells and the skin also undergoes changes that most times goes a long way to affect their sex life.
In order to enjoy amazing sex irrespective of the changes, you must accept the changes as part of nature because this will reset your thinking and mind rightly and enable you appreciate yourself more.
6. Use of Toys and Lubricant: this kind of sex assistant toy should be discussed between the both parties to know how comfortable they are about it. Is an amazing way to try new things that will bring out the emotions of what sex use to feel like at young age. Sex lubricants also play a vital role for both aged couples.
- It helps the man to penetrate the woman easily because of the dryness of the vagina.
- It also helps the man, since the man can no longer get a firm erection to penetrate the female. The lubricant will also help him slip easily into the female’s vagina.
7. Take a Sex Therapy Class: sex therapy classes with your therapist will help you build your confidence on trying new things in your sex life; such as other sex positions, romantic moments and how to take good care of each other better.
Good Sex Exercises for Men
- Weight lifting
- Distance walking
- Abdominals exercises
Food that Boost Libido in Men
- Black Raspberries
- Pine nuts
- Olive oil
- Cashew nuts
- Chicken breast
Factors that Reduces Libido in Men
- Excessive coffee
- Unhealthy diet
- Lack of exercises
- Excessive alcohol
- Poor sleeping time
- Excessive Increase in weight
Sex Exercises for Women
- Pelvic tilts
- Standing and sitting leg extensions
- Plank pose
- Biceps curls
- Happy baby pose
- Abs rolls
- Weight lifting
- Distance walking
- Bridge pose
Foods That Boost Libido in Women
- Saw palmetto
- Little coffee
- Red wine
Factors That Reduces Libido in Women
- Sexual abuses
- Hormone changes
- Poor feeding
- Low self-esteem
- Physical abuse
- Poor feeding
- Mental health problem
- Domestic violence
- Breast feeding